You are invited to attend EH&S’s biannual 2021 Laboratory Safety Awards & Innovations Event to celebrate the work being done to enhance the culture of safety on UW’s campuses. This virtual event will take place online on December 15 at 1 p.m.
Please register in advance.
Guest speakers will include Provost Mark Richards, Stephanie Harrington from the College of the Environment, Kelsie Abrams and Katherine Anderson from the Burke Museum laboratories, and Zackary Herbst from the Chemistry department. There will be presentations on tools and best practices created and put into effect to improve the culture of safety in laboratory spaces, including innovations devised by researchers from UW’s campuses over the past year.
Awards will be given to labs, departments, and personnel in recognition of their achievements in safety culture.
This year’s award winners for Top Dawgs in Safety:
- Burke Museum
- Department of Pharmacy
- Center for Industrial and Medical Ultrasound
- Department of Emergency Medicine
- Department of Allergy & Infectious Disease
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
This year’s award winners for Pack Leaders in Safety:
- Olivia Bermingham-McDonogh, Biological Structure
- Wai Pang Chan, Biology
- Charles Chavkin, Pharmacology
- Sharon Doty, Environmental & Forest Sciences
- Warren Ladiges, Comparative Medicine
- Rebecca Neumann, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Julie Palumbo, UW Tacoma SIAS
- Kenneth Thummel, Pharmaceutics
- Douglas Wacker, UW Bothell STEM
This year’s award winners for Partners in Safety:
- Margaret “Peggy” Combs, Friday Harbor Laboratories
- Tatyana Galenko, Materials Science & Engineering
- Zackary Herbst, Chemistry
- Ken Keesler, UW Facilities
- Uly Rivera, CoMotion
Join the celebration of innovations and progress being made to enhance the culture of safety in laboratory research and teaching spaces, and hear about practices that could be useful for your own workspaces.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.