Health and safety training
EH&S Training provides health and safety training courses that meet regulatory and policy requirements and support a culture of safety for the University of Washington. We offer online, classroom, and blended courses, and provide guides to help personnel find classes appropriate for their work.
Most EH&S courses are free to faculty, staff, and students with a valid UW NetID. Please keep in mind:
- If you do not have a UW NetID, ask your department/unit for sponsorship.
- Temporary UWNetIDs cannot be used to access courses.
- UW alumni who have trouble accessing courses should contact the Training team.
Find your course
- Search a list of safety courses and schedules.
- Use the Training Course Selection Guides to find required and recommended courses based on job hazards.
- View a list of courses specific to Office of Research and Facilities personnel.
- Make a Departmental Training Request for courses that cannot be accommodated through an open enrollment course.
View online and instructor-led course descriptions and schedules, and register for required and recommended health and safety training courses (UWNetID required). Use the search feature to find specific courses or filter courses by mode, type, or work area.
View, change or cancel a safety training course registration by accessing the Safety Training Registration tool.
View training records by organization code, manager or individual using the Safety Training Report tool.