First published on
04/05/2020 - 16:45
The COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol was developed by the University’s Environmental Health & Safety Department (EH&S) in coordination with campus custodial and instructional support units and the University’s Advisory Committee on Communicable Diseases (ACCD). This protocol reflects requirements and guidelines set forth by the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries and federal, state and local public health agencies.
Log of changes:
- 2/24/23: Removed former Section 5: “Response to a COVID Positive Person” and replaced with a succinct summary of cleaning and disinfection guidelines when an individual with COVID-19 has spent time in a shared indoor space in the last 24 hours while potentially infectious. Encourage consideration, where possible, of certified “green” cleaning and disinfection products.
- Removed reference to the COVID-19 PPE Risk Level Summary Table in section 5.D.c.
- Updated the Appendix Table 1 on 7/6/22
- Updated the "Classrooms and instructional spaces" section of Appendix Table 1 on 11/16/21
- Updated the "Classrooms and instructional spaces" section of Appendix Table 1 on 10/4/21
- Updated the Appendix Table 1 on 9/23/21
- Updated 7/9 to reflect changes to CDC guidance for cleaning and disinfection that relax the scope of disinfection of surfaces to align with evidence that the potential for COVID-19 transmission via surfaces is very low
- Added Table 1 "Recommended Cleaning and Disinfection Frequencies and Roles for Occupied Buildings" to clarify responsibilities for cleaning and disinfection on 9/3/21