The Cleaning and Disinfection Protocol for COVID-19 was developed by the University’s Environmental Health & Safety Department (EH&S) in coordination with campus custodial and instructional support units and the University’s Advisory Committee on Communicable Diseases (ACCD). This protocol reflects requirements and guidelines set forth by the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries and federal, state and local public health agencies.
Log of changes:
- Updated the "Classrooms and instructional spaces" section of Appendix Table 1 on 11/16/21
- Updated the "Classrooms and instructional spaces" section of Appendix Table 1 on 10/4/21
- Upated the Appendix Table 1 on 9/23/21
- Updated 7/9 to reflect changes to CDC gudiance for cleaning and disinfection that relax the scope of disinfection of surfaces to align with evidence that the potential for COVID-19 transmission via surfaces is very low
- Added Table 1 "Recommended Cleaning and Disinfection Frequencies and Roles for Occupied Buildings" to clarify responsibilities for cleaning and disinfection on 9/3/21