The 2019 edition of the UW Biosafety Manual is here! The most significant changes include:
- Centrifuging biohazards information clarified
- Biohazardous waste section reorganized
- Approved autoclave chemical integrators included
- Sharps safety information added
- Risk assessment and routes of exposure updated
- PI definition from IBC charter added
- New biosafety cabinet type added
A list of changes is included in the log of changes.
All laboratories or facilities using biohazards need to have an electronic link or paper copy of the current manual available. The manual is a resource to help keep you safe during biological research and is a reference of the policies that apply to work with biohazards.
Access the biosafety manual on the new EH&S website now!
If you have any questions about the manual or the latest changes to the manual, please contact the EH&S Biosafety team at email@example.com or 206.221.7770.