You have selected the online Confined Space Entry Awareness class.
The SafetySmart course is for personnel who work around confined spaces, to teach them
the hazards and risks and why they need to avoid entry unless fully trained. If
you do not work around confined spaces, please refrain from taking this course
as there is a fee charged to the University for each
individual that opens the online course.
Supplemental Training has been added below that defines and provides examples of University Confined Spaces and Permit-Required Confined Spaces. It takes about 15 minutes and should be viewed after completing the SafetySmart online course.
If you need to enter permit-required confined spaces, you must first complete the 3-day hands-on course.
Instructions for SafetySmart course:
- To begin, click the SafetySmart Course link below.
- Login using your UW NetID.
- If you have to stop before completing the course, return to this page and
login again to pick up where you left off.
- Print a completion certificate at the end.
- When finished, close the class window and return to this page.
Instructions for Supplement:
- To begin, click the Supplement link below.
- At the end of the supplemental training, complete the online form; it will generate an email that is your record of completion of the supplement.
- Enter your supervisor's email address in the form to notify them by email that you completed the course.
- If needed, print the course completion certificate.
- When done, close the course window, return here, and complete the course evaluation (click Evaluation below).
Training records may take as much as a week before record of the SafetySmart course will appear in your
My EHS Training online record look-up.